• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Upcoming Interrail Sale (Now confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SeanG

Established Member
Note that this would not apply to all passes, just the following (with the latest start date of the period of validity) :

10 days or 15 days
within a 2 month period
July 31, 2024
15 days continuouslyJune 15, 2024
22 days continuouslyJune 22, 2024
1 month continuouslyJune 30, 2024
2 months continuouslyJuly 31, 2024
3 months continuouslyAugust 30, 2024

Interrail: Black Friday offer​

25% discount on Interrail Global Pass​

Why hunt for Black Friday bargains when you can make memories for a lifetime? And that for an extra affordable price! From November 16 to 28 you will benefit from a 25% discount on an Interrail Global Pass.
Choose experiences over things. Travel across Europe and make memories that will last a lifetime. More than 40,000 destinations in 33 countries are within reach with an Interrail Global Pass.
It opens doors to new cultures, you are in control and decide where you go and by which route. Ready to experience ultimate freedom?
Take advantage here
Buy Interrail Pass with discount

Promotional conditions​

• Discount promotion applies from November 16, 2023 to November 28, 2023
  • 25% discount on all Interrail Global Passes
  • Valid for 1st and 2nd class and for all ages
  • You only have to choose a start date once you start traveling, the start date is before June 2*
  • You can change or cancel your Interrail Pass after purchase

With an Interrail Pass you can travel unlimitedly by train through Europe for a certain period of time. Take advantage of this limited time offer now!

dutchflyer

Established Member
You are probably aware of that monster coming from the other side of the ocean-a former colony even of GB: US- named Black Friday. The last years there has nearly always been whatever special promotion for these passes around that day. So just wait till it comes on the normal eurail site-which also works for InterRail, still the pass to get for Britons (you will be amazed-or perhaps not- on how many Brits now seem to think for them its also EUrail, asking this on the community.eurail forum).
However, if the discount is more as 10/15% the validity period is nearly always not in main summer season-understandably.
Nearly always the last years there is also whatever promotion sometime in spring. These will be universal for all countries in the scheme.
What seems to be tried out as specific national extra is the amount of days one is allowed to travel in home country-more as the normal 2.
(but then UK has always been the most strict about this-whereas we Dutch for a few years even had also unlimited travel during whole period in NL).

mad_rich

This looks appealing. They often do Black Friday deals, but don't think I've seen 25% before?

The introduction says '25% discount on all Interrail Global Passes' - so perhaps the list and dates given below is just an example, or they forgot to mention the 4/5/7 day flexipass.

Passes must be started by 1 June 2024, which is a shrinking of the usual 11 months from the date of purchase. I would also imagine the change and refund rules are more strict than usual.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
It seems fair to limit validity up until 1 June, since that should moderate the demand in the peak summer Interrail season.

A very tempting investment for another late winter trip.

rvdborgt

It seems fair to limit validity up until 1 June, since that should moderate the demand in the peak summer Interrail season.
It's the first day of the validity period that can be no later than 1 June. With a 3-month pass, you can still travel until 31 August.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
It's the first day of the validity period that can be no later than 1 June. With a 3-month pass, you can still travel until 31 August.

Oops, forgot about that. In which case, expect another summer of hot, crowded trains :)

For my part I used a 2-month global pass from last year's sale very productively in Jan/Feb. Tempted to do the same in 2024.

mtmikethom

This looks appealing. They often do Black Friday deals, but don't think I've seen 25% before?

The introduction says '25% discount on all Interrail Global Passes' - so perhaps the list and dates given below is just an example, or they forgot to mention the 4/5/7 day flexipass.

Passes must be started by 1 June 2024, which is a shrinking of the usual 11 months from the date of purchase. I would also imagine the change and refund rules are more strict than usual.
25% off looks too good to be true to me, 10% seems more likely and not sure but it seems to have disappeared from website

rvdborgt

For my part I used a 2-month global pass from last year's sale very productively in Jan/Feb. Tempted to do the same in 2024.
I had already lined up some plans for the Christmas holiday and February, which have just become a bit cheaper. I'm tempted to add some more trips.
I hindsight, I should have bought one or two extra 2/3-month passes in last year's sale (I bought two 2-month passes).

25% off looks too good to be true to me, 10% seems more likely and not sure but it seems to have disappeared from website
There was a black Friday offer last year with a 20% discount on some passes, but it was more limited.
Belgian railways sometimes also publish information too early and when that happens, it usually also disappears again until the offer starts. I guess they're not supposed to publish in advance.

mtmikethom

I had already lined up some plans for the Christmas holiday and February, which have just become a bit cheaper. I'm tempted to add some more trips.
I hindsight, I should have bought one or two extra 2/3-month passes in last year's sale (I bought two 2-month passes).

There was a black Friday offer last year with a 20% discount on some passes, but it was more limited.
Belgian railways sometimes also publish information too early and when that happens, it usually also disappears again until the offer starts. I guess they're not supposed to publish in advance

Belgian railways sometimes also publish information too early and when that happens, it usually also disappears again until the offer starts. I guess they're not supposed to publish in advance.
Let’s us hope this is the case

AY1975

Established Member
Is this offer definitely open to all European citizens including UK citizens, or only to Dutch nationals?

It only appears to be advertised on the NS International site: I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else, although the Interrail site https://www.interrail.eu/en does have an autumn sale of 10% off German Rail passes (presumably meaning one-country passes for Germany) until 9th December.

mad_rich

Is this offer definitely open to all European citizens including UK citizens, or only to Dutch nationals?

It only appears to be advertised on the NS International site: I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else, although the Interrail site https://www.interrail.eu/en does have an autumn sale of 10% off German Rail passes (presumably meaning one-country passes for Germany) until 9th December.
We won't know until tomorrow. It seems to have disappeared off the NS website now, perhaps put up too early.

I would guess it will appear on the Interrail website tomorrow and be open to all, but you never know.

Veteran Member
We won't know until tomorrow. It seems to have disappeared off the NS website now, perhaps put up too early.

I would guess it will appear on the Interrail website tomorrow and be open to all, but you never know.
It was briefly on the bahn.de (25% IR, 10% on Eurail) but that has disappeared too unless I'm missing it.

Peterthegreat

Established Member
No information from Interrail but it does appear (as of 07.45 GMT) on the National rail "My Interrail" website. I also can't find anything on any other railway website. This begs the question whether the promo has been pulled.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
No information from Interrail but it does appear (as of 07.45 GMT) on the National rail "My Interrail" website. I also can't find anything on any other railway website. This begs the question whether the promo has been pulled.
I very much doubt it. RDG wouldn't be selling Interrail passes below face value or eating the loss.

Looks like they have made a currency adjustment too, giving slightly more than a 25% discount. Together with Topcashback etc. it's a very decent price.

mad_rich

It appears to be everything from the 10 days in 2 months pass and up.

1st/ 2nd class, all ages.

The only thing that's missing is the cheapest passes - 4, 5 or 7 days in 1 month.

Peterthegreat

Established Member
I very much doubt it. RDG wouldn't be selling Interrail passes below face value or eating the loss.

Looks like they have made a currency adjustment too, giving slightly more than a 25% discount. Together with Topcashback etc. it's a very decent price.
I am not saying RDG will be selling the passes below face value. However I am saying it is possible the pass has been pulled and the information has not filtered through.
There was a Facebook posting a couple of weeks ago which was subsequently deleted and it appeared on the NS website earlier this week but that has subsequently been deleted too (although that was before the pass went on sale).

trei2k

It is available on bahn.de, so my guess is other retailers are just taking their time.

mad_rich

Last edited:

Peterthegreat

Established Member

Tester

My reading of the sale conditions suggests that paper Interrail passes can be issued undated (subject to activation by 1 June).

Whilst this has always been the case for Eurail, Interrail paper passes have for many years only been available with the starting date specified at time of order - with the nudge to mobile passes if start date flexibility is required.

Has anyone actually ordered a paper pass without specifying the start date, or can anyone with inside knowledge confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.