• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

upgrading an advance purchase ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4jackie

if someone has bought an advance purchase ticket from liverpool to london not using a railcard,can they then upgrade to an advance purchase first class ticket using a railcard or do both tickets have to be the same eg either both tickets with railcard or both withoutout railcard

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I believe a railcard-discounted Advance ticket is supposed to only be changed to another ticket with the same discount.

However, the TIS will not stop a clerk from doing it, and some clerks don't know they're not supposed to do it.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I believe the OP wants to convert non-railcard standard class into railcarded 1st class tickets.

I think that;s possible (not sure though), but bear in mind that there will be a £10 admin fee per ticket (and advances are all singles, so £20 if you wish to convert both tickets, plus the difference in fares, so it may not be worth it.

island

Veteran Member
Ah yes. I believe one can only excess to a discounted ticket if the original ticket was discounted, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.