• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using Interrail for UK Travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Regarding the question of the port. Is it any port or just those that fall into certain categories, such as having an advertised, public shipping service to another country?
Not defined (nor is airport), but needs to be read in the context of the whole paragraph (5.2. as quoted above).

Metal_gee_man

Aberdeen to Cardiff on the 11th June is £93.00

Adv Single Aberdeen to Penrith (North Lakes) £25.10
Adv Single Penrith (North Lakes) to Crewe £16.40
Anytime Single Crewe to Church Stretton £17.80
Anytime Single Church Stretton to Cwmbran £24.50
Anytime Single Cwmbran to Cardiff Central £9.20

So Aberdeen to Edinburgh (LNER) > Edinburgh to Crewe (Avanti) > Crewe to Cardiff Central (TfW) (2 changes)

Return...16th June
£69.20

Anytime Single Cardiff Central to Lydney £10.80
Adv Single Lydney to Birmingham Stations £14.20
Adv Single Birmingham to Penrith (North Lakes) £26.20
Adv Single Penrith (North Lakes) to Aberdeen £18.00

So Cardiff Central to Birmingham New St (XC) > Birmingham New St to Haymarket (Avanti) > Haymarket to Aberdeen (LNER)

£93 + £69.20 = £163.20 vs £214 and dodgy T&Cs

Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Aberdeen to Cardiff on the 11th June is £93.00

Adv Single Aberdeen to Penrith (North Lakes) £25.10
Adv Single Penrith (North Lakes) to Crewe £16.40
Anytime Single Crewe to Church Stretton £17.80
Anytime Single Church Stretton to Cwmbran £24.50
Anytime Single Cwmbran to Cardiff Central £9.20

So Aberdeen to Edinburgh (LNER) > Edinburgh to Crewe (Avanti) > Crewe to Cardiff Central (TfW) (2 changes)

Return...16th June
£69.20

Anytime Single Cardiff Central to Lydney £10.80
Adv Single Lydney to Birmingham Stations £14.20
Adv Single Birmingham to Penrith (North Lakes) £26.20
Adv Single Penrith (North Lakes) to Aberdeen £18.00

So Cardiff Central to Birmingham New St (XC) > Birmingham New St to Haymarket (Avanti) > Haymarket to Aberdeen (LNER)

£93 + £69.20 = £163.20 vs £214 and dodgy T&Cs
The OP is going TO Aberdeen FROM Cardiff.

Metal_gee_man

The OP is going TO Aberdeen FROM Cardiff.
Does it really matter all I'm trying to demonstrate that it's achievable without trying to be a smart arse and beat the system with an interrail pass that might or might not be valid and at a lower price. Either way tickets exist

Haywain

Veteran Member
Does it really matter all I'm trying to demonstrate that it's achievable without trying to be a smart arse and beat the system with an interrail pass that might or might not be valid and at a lower price. Either way tickets exist
I expect it matters to the OP and it’s not generally a lot of help to say that it’s cheaper to do the exact opposite of what they wish to do.

Oscar46016

Thanks for all the advice - I wasn’t trying to beat the system or be a smart arse.

I’m planning to do Interail next year anyway and when i saw the t&c I thought it might be a cheap way to get to Aberdeen.
However I’m happy that there is an even cheaper way to do what I want.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.