• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using Oyster/CPay via Gerrards Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'm considering travelling to Amersham on Saturday. If I miss the last direct return train (1809) and have to take the replacement bus to Gerrards Cross, will it be possible to still pay using Oyster or Contactless? Touching in at Amersham would be possible, but will I be allowed into Gerrards Cross with only a credit card?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
It certainly has been possible in the past during planned Engineering Work, though you'd need to ask a member of staff to let you through the gates at Gerrards Cross and ensure you tap in/out at Amersham.

It wouldn't hurt to ask Chiltern on Twitter though, just in case.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Cheers!

I tried asking the chatbot on Chiltern's website but the staff have gone home.

centraluser

@CyrusWuff is entirely correct. There will be no problem accessing the platforms at Gerrards Cross for your return journey - Touching in at Amersham and out at Marylebone are key.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thanks everyone. I managed to finish early enough to get a direct train so the issue didn't arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.