• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Valid route/s for Nuneaton to Warwick with Anytime Day Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuk

Hi all,

Could someone advise me please of the valid routes for Nuneaton to Warwick using an Anytime Day Return.

Are the following two routes valid, and are there any other valid routes?

Nuneaton - Birmingham New Street - Birmingham Moor Street - Warwick.
Nuneaton - Coventry - Leamington Spa - Warwick

Also, I suspect that it isn't, but would the following route be acceptable?

Nuneaton - Birmingham New Street - Leamington Spa - Warwick ??

I would like to travel via New Street & Moor Street on the outward journey, but could I travel via Leamington Spa then onwards to Coventry or New Street on the return journey?

I would very much prefer to travel via Birmingham as I believe there are more trains between Nuneaton and Birmingham than Nuneaton and Coventry, also the trains NUN-BHM, for me, are more comfortable than the NUN-COV ones (even with the Cambridge/Stansted crush at peak times).

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan_atki

Established Member
The only valid routes for Nuneaton to Warwick (from the Routeing Guide) are:

Nuneaton - Birmingham - Earlswood - Wilmcote/Stratford-Upon-Avon - Claverdon - Warwick

Nuneaton - Birmingham - Solihull - Warwick

So only the first on your list is valid. Out of the two routes above you can take one out and the other return if you wish. Travel via Coventry and Leamington Spa is not permitted.

OwlMan

Established Member
The only valid routes for Nuneaton to Warwick (from the Routeing Guide) are:

Nuneaton - Birmingham - Earlswood - Wilmcote/Stratford-Upon-Avon - Claverdon - Warwick

Nuneaton - Birmingham - Solihull - Warwick

So only the first on your list is valid. Out of the two routes above you can take one out and the other return if you wish. Travel via Coventry and Leamington Spa is not permitted.

As the route via Coventry & Leamington is the shortest it is valid

Nuneaton - Coventry 10; Coventry - Leamington 9.5; Leamington - Warwick 3.25 Total 22.75
Nuneaton - Birmingham 21; Birmingham - Warwick 28.25. Total 49.25

Peter

Peter

Last edited:

snuk

I've just checked with the National Rail website and it's given me three routes:-

Nuneaton-Coventry-Leamington Spa-Warwick
Nuneaton-Birmingham New Street-Birmingham Moor Street-Warwick
Nuneaton-Birmingham New Street-Leamington Spa-Warwick

I quite like the last option via Birmingham and Leamington as it's more convenient than the Moor Street route. How often do the Leamington-New Street trains run, please?

Thanks again,

Steve.

OwlMan

Established Member
I've just checked with the National Rail website and it's given me three routes:-

Nuneaton-Coventry-Leamington Spa-Warwick
Nuneaton-Birmingham New Street-Birmingham Moor Street-Warwick
Nuneaton-Birmingham New Street-Leamington Spa-Warwick

I quite like the last option via Birmingham and Leamington as it's more convenient than the Moor Street route. How often do the Leamington-New Street trains run, please?

Thanks again,

Steve.

To travel via Birmingham & Leamington is not possible on a day return ticket.
There are 2 day return fares
Via Leamington £9-20 valid via Coventry & Leamington
Any Permitted £13-20 valid via Birmingham or Coventry.
Also available is the West Midlands Day Ranger £16-20 which allows all routes within area allowed.
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.