• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Valid Until" no longer printed on advances

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
Picked up a few Advance tickets from the TVM today and was trying to work out what was missing from the ticket, I've realised the "Valid Until" date is no longer printed on them. Has anyone else noticed this?

The last ones I bought in February have a "Valid Until" date one them, although it's always the same as the "Start Date".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I think some systems do not print said item for Advance tickets, as they are by definition supposed to be valid for only one day. (I know exceptions apply but this is generally true.)

dvboy

Established Member
Must be a recent update to the TVMs at Wolverhampton as they now show the validity code too.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, I believe it is a relatively new phenomenon (last couple of years), together with the restriction codes.

barrykas

Established Member
Perfectly correct for Advance tickets (only) under the latest version of the Credit Card Size Ticket Layout specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.