• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Validity of ticket during Kings Cross closure, 29th Feb / 1st March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Hi all
I’m lucky enough to be going on a short holiday, starting this weekend, flying from Gatwick.
There will, however, be no trains from Welwyn Garden City to/from Kings Cross that day, but this is not hugely inconvenient, as St Albans is a short bus ride away. My question is this: if I buy a WGC to Gatwick period return, are there rail replacement buses running that I may use the rail ticket on??
I don’t want to purchase a period return from St Albans, as I want to return to WGC (and not be obliged to pay the bus fare from St Albans, since it won’t be covered on a day when engineering works are not happening!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
If "this weekend" is 22/23 Feb, then trains are running (Moorgate is closed).
For 29 Feb, RRB bus routes advertised on NRE are:
via Potters Bar, Cockfosters and tube
via Hitchin and Luton Airport Parkway.
As the latter route runs via St Albans, I would have thought that starting short there would be reasonable (though someone might dispute it), using the local bus at your own expense to save time.

Status
Not open for further replies.