Valve required for a Plasser Crane

Discussion in 'Infrastructure & Stations' started by Ploughman, 18 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ploughman

    Ploughman Established Member

    15 Jan 2010
    Can anyone shed any light on this?

    Plasser Cranes and TRM's have a pneumatic double check valve in the braking system to the brake cylinders.

    It is listed as part number PC 15917 in the Plasser parts book.

    It appears even Plasser do not know this number now, We are sure it is either a Knorr Bremse or Westinghouse part. used also on Loco's

    Trying to find this part for NYMR crane.

    I appreciate Tampers etc have a similar valve in the braking system that would suffice with a part number that can be sourced, but would like to track down the correct one.

    Any Ideas please?
  2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

    Rail Forums

  3. es373

    es373 Member

    19 May 2011
    double check valve...... try calling around a few rail scrap sites; they may let you strip the part off of one of their scrappers?
    or try calling LU. im certain A stock have double check valves in the westinghouse braking system
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page