• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vermin 390

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
Hands up then, who knows why a 390 door release & close takes ages?

Anyone now why :?:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
To make sure you have long enough when it starts beeping when you are on platform, and you don't know when someone on the train has pressed to move out of the way of the door so it doesn't hit you in the nose!

Guinness

Established Member
The reason been is that the Pendolino has folding steps on the side of the train. Before the Door opens the steps have to fold out and after the guard pushs the "Doors Closed" button all the steps have to fold back in. I witnessed on a few occasions these steps can get stuck and have to have a little help from the Train Staff. :)

Folding steps aren't on the Voyagers as they are made by Bombardier. :)

Hope this helps you Jim. :)

Jim

Established Member
Chaz said:
The reason been is that the Pendolino has folding steps on the side of the train. Before the Door opens the steps have to fold out and after the guard pushs the "Doors Closed" button all the steps have to fold back in. I witnessed on a few occasions these steps can get stuck and have to have a little help from the Train Staff. :)

Folding steps aren't on the Voyagers as they are made by Bombardier. :)

Hope this helps you Jim. :)

Correct. I have never seen them get stuck before though

Status
Not open for further replies.