• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Very Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

Just a simple question about BVE.

I'm driving a Voyager on the west midlands route, but the image is very bumpy. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can make the train run smoother?

Thanks
Ian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
That will be your framerates. Obviously not that high, it can't really be helped without a computer upgrade of some kind.

Coxster

Established Member
In the options menu (right click on the mouse) you can set the visibiliy to something lower. This helps. You could also try using 16-bit color.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
In the options menu (right click on the mouse) you can set the visibiliy to something lower. This helps. You could also try using 16-bit color.

Thanks for your replies, Coxter, and Liam.

This has improved the game a bit.

Tom B

Established Member
Also, try going for 1xxx X 7xx pixels. It dosen't reduce the quality that much, and I got an extra 3FPS upto an average of 11FPS

1024 x 768 :)

Do you get low fps only with the Voyager?

mbonwick

Established Member
A longer term solution would be to upgrade your graphics card.
However, if you have an older computer, it could be difficult getting hold of a compatible card.

nutter

1024 x 768 :)

Do you get low fps only with the Voyager?

I get em with all trains, but if you look at the spec of the machine, along with the SiS graphics card, it isn't well suited to BVE anyway, but then you have to take into account it's 4 years old and is used to the max, I ain't surprised

Bring On the summer, when i'll be getting a £2.5K PC

And cheers for the numbers Tom, it's been 3 weeks since i last did any editing so couldn't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.