• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victoria lineside fire 14/07/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherJ

Some photos of the lineside fire between VIC and CLJ last night.

1A26 2308 Victoria - Brighton still at VIC at 0008.

Taken out the guard's droplight:

CnSLTLqXEAAfMwm.jpg

CnSLbwiWAAAj-Ss.jpg

CnSLho4XEAEHE5m.jpg

CnSL92yXgAAOYsM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

a1a.a1a

No mention this morning (that I have heard).... no gas involved then

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
By some accounts it was the Cafe Nero Bean Roastery - and the fire spread to an adjacent warehouse -

Will this put the price of a cup of Java up ?

Lrd

Established Member
Can we not discuss why someone was banned please. This is not the place for that sort of discussion.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
No mention this morning (that I have heard).... no gas involved then

Surely this was happening overnight 13th/14th, despite the the original post at 0119 this morning referring to 'last night', looking at BBC and newspaper reports I believe it was the night before, and cancellations affected late Wednesday night and yesterday morning's services were being announced as delayed only?

tsr

Established Member
Yes, it did occur on the evening of the 13th. Southern & London Overground services were affected, with Southern services particularly badly disrupted until about 0200 on the 14th (yesterday). Apparently one of the main problems was smoke entering the drivers' cabs in the area and also getting trapped in train aircon systems. It was certainly able to be smelled within the train when I passed several times early yesterday.

If the photos were taken on a 442, it's entirely possible that a droplight was available and open for the public to access.

Skoodle

I had a look as I drove around to Clapham Junction a few times earlier today on the Ludgate Lines. It was the WineShop (UK) double warehouses, Nero Roasting Co is a couple down. Link to Google Maps below.

https://goo.gl/maps/XrV1KxMdnam

Perhaps the thread title should be changed, considering it's nowhere near Victoria, let alone the same side of the Thames!

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Yes, it did occur on the evening of the 13th. Southern & London Overground services were affected, with Southern services particularly badly disrupted until about 0200 on the 14th (yesterday). Apparently one of the main problems was smoke entering the drivers' cabs in the area and also getting trapped in train aircon systems. It was certainly able to be smelled within the train when I passed several times early yesterday.

If the photos were taken on a 442, it's entirely possible that a droplight was available and open for the public to access.

I think the passenger doors of 442s in SWTs days had drop lights, were they openable by passengers?

tsr

Established Member
There is one droplight accessible to passengers in the motor coach, which is adjacent to the guard's compartment. This could easily be used for the purposes of a photo of said fire. The rest remain locked, except during air con failure or due to periodic problems with the locks themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.