Victoria to Chatham

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by 1018509, 3 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1018509

1018509 Member

Not being familiar with this line - where do the trains from Victoria via Chatham terminate and why doees it seem impossible to travel via Chatham on any Sunday?

Last edited: 3 May 2015
  2. Seaeagle

Seaeagle Member

Trains from Victoria to Chatham normally terminate at either Dover or Ramsgate, of course on a Sunday, Network Rail deem that no one can travel from point A to point B without having a bus ride somewhere along the journey!

3. 1018509

1018509 Member

Thanks for this. Shortly after posting I re- re-discovered RealTime Trains and entered various Sundays and this time found some journeys without a bus ride so I am mistaken - trains do occasionally run on this line on Sundays

4. notadriver

notadriver Established Member

Rochester station is being re-sited and major upgrade work (east Kent resignalling) is taking place hence the frequent bus replacement work on Sunday (which is beneficial to me as I'm a Rail replacement bus driver) :)

5. Seaeagle

Seaeagle Member

You've most likely driven me around Medway a few times then! Some of us have to go to work in London on Sundays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.