• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victoria to Pimlico

Status
Not open for further replies.

racklam

The Victoria line between Victoria and Pimlico (southbound) is particularly noisy in terms of squealing - especially when compared to the rest of the Victoria line.

I know there's a curve between these two stations, but looking here (http://carto.metro.free.fr/cartes/metro-tram-london/) it doesn't seem too severe compared to some other curves on the underground, and if you look down the train on this section it feels relatively straight.

Is there anything else that might cause this amount of noise, or am I just discounting the effect of the curve?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
That's funny, I find the Northbound tunnel on that section to be worse. It happens on straight sections too.

Between Oxford Circus and Warren Street depending on how fast your going your ears are in for a beating. A few years ago the dead straight exit out of Finsbury Park made an awful noise. Around the same time the dead straight Central Line between Liverpool Street and Bethnal Green wasn't a fun experience either.

The mother of all though is between South Wimbledon and Morden on the Northern Line...

Lucan

Established Member
Someone not keeping the rail greasers topped up?

An_Engineer

For noisy sections, there are two in quick succession on the central line. There is the stretch between White City and Shepherds Bush (eastbound) and then also a noisy little number between Holland Park and Notting Hill Gate.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
I’ve noticed the Pimlico to Victoria section, and Stockwell to Vauxhall section has quieted down. Has the track been replaced?

On the other hand, Clapham North to Stockwell on the Northern Line is starting to “roar” softly now, by Christmas it’ll probably be deafening.

Status
Not open for further replies.