• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victoria vs. London Terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbouffant

I just absent mindedly purchased a Super Off Peak Day Single from Lingfield to Victoria. I should have selected London Terminals as I want to alight at London Bridge. Can I use this ticket for that journey given the price is identical?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

m00036

There is a difference in price - assuming you mean a super off peak day single to London Victoria, then the price is £14.40 compared to an anytime day single to London Terminals which is £14.90. Unfortunately if it is the super off peak ticket you bought, then it is only valid to Victoria and I don't think there's any way around it other than a refund (with admin fee). I would wait though for others to confirm!

If you instead have an anytime day single to London Victoria (£14.90) then that ticket is issued to London Terminals and would be valid to London Bridge, so you need to check what the ticket says.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I don't think there's any way around it other than a refund (with admin fee).
Some, possibly most, online retailers will allow a fee-free refund within a short time (an hour or two) of purchase, to allow for mistakes to be noticed and corrected.

gray1404

Established Member
When is the journey taking place?

Who did you buy the ticket from and when? And was it an e ticket or paper ticket?

mrbouffant

It is a paper ticket, purchased yesterday for travel today.

Thanks for the advice. I'll travel to Victoria and take the tube. The extra journey time will give me ample opportunity to reflect on my carelessness.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
It may be worth looking at the additional fare, and journey time switching at East Croydon, Clapham Junction (or Norwood Junction), rather than going all the way to Victoria, although in each case the need to find an Oyster reader and time taken to leave and join trains would need to be considered.

Victoria to London Bridge is £2.80 peak / £2.70 off-peak on the underground.

East Croydon to London Bridge is £4.00 on a train after 0930

Clapham Junction to London Bridge via Waterloo / Waterloo is £3.00 after 0930. Using the Jubilee Line from Waterloo attracts the mixed-mode premium and is £4.70 so probably best avoided.

Last edited:

talldave

Established Member
The ticket name "Super Off Peak" and the associated 50p saving don’t seem to go together!

If you have time to waste you could take the scenic route via my neck of the woods going Victoria to London Bridge via Crystal Palace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.