• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Video interview - Senior Conductor EMT Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedispatcher

Hi, I've recently received an email after an initial application asking me to record a video interview for a senior conductor position with East Midlands trains at Nottingham. Could anyone offer me some advice on what they're looking for or likely to ask, how long it should take and what I'll need to actually do for it?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Customer service is the massive thing. EMT are very customer focussed so the more you can press that the better. The video interview itself is written questions on the screen which you reply into your webcam. Id suggest treating it as though theres a person in front of you shirt tie etc. The video interview i did for them lasted around 5 minutes - two questions with 90 seconds to answer each.

Thedispatcher

Right, so nothing lengthy. Is it just standard "what makes you the best candidate for this job?" Stuff then? Appreciate the help

A few practice questions then only 3 questions for which you have to talk for 90secs. One is definitely something like "what motivates u at work daily".

Thedispatcher

Cheers monkey. Any idea what the others are or should I just expect general customer service stuff? Thanks again

sorrt, really can't remember! Just remember that one as it caught me out! Like the post above says, EMT is all about a service culture of excellence now, you need to project how you can fit into that. If you tell them want to be a guard. charging round excessing everyone and hunting down fare evaders mercilessly then they won't be impressed!

Im sure one of my questions was is there anything else you would like to tell us. I just again reaffirmed my desire to continue my career in a customer service enviroment

Galaxy

I've heard that the roster isn't too bad at Nottingham for guards. Understand it's a four-day week with Sundays committed but outside so paid on top of the salary with a decent amount of overtime should you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.