• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Video/Photograhpy on the London Underground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Do I have to buy a permit to take video and photos on the Underground?, as I'll be going on the Piccadilly tomorrow. I was just wondering :-?.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
No. As long as you don't use a tripod, don't phot security equipment, only use photos for personal use, and don't get in the way.

D306

Established Member
and also, if you get asked to put your camera away, put it away. It happened to me at Kings Cross earlier this year

Tom B

Established Member
You don't need one, if hanging around you may want to speak to the SS.

Anybody who says taking photos is illegal should be asked to say the act under which it is not permitted. Some staff can get very arsey.

No tripod, no getting in the way, no flash, and you should be fine.

Dave A

Do I have to buy a permit to take video and photos on the Underground?, as I'll be going on the Piccadilly tomorrow. I was just wondering :-?.

Though if its T5 your going to, then photography is not permitted anywhere in the station under BAA's rules. :)

Established Member
What about to video, mparsonz has uploaded LUL videos to youtube before...

Status
Not open for further replies.