• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin compensation Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyvegas

I travelled down to London from Manchester on 5th November when there were severe delays due to the wires being down at Wembley.

I left Picadilly at 15.35, arriving at 19.00 and returned the next morning on the 08.10 service which arrived at 12.00.

As I advised by the TM on the outward journey, I sent my tickets off the following week with the completed form but have since had no acknowledgement or reply. I took a photo of the tickets before posting, what would you advise as the best course of action next?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Ring Virgin tomorrow on 0845 000 8000, and they will tell you

a) If they have your claim, and

b) If they do, what's happened to it.

SS4

Established Member
Mine is still pending although I did receive confirmation. I just assumed that Virgin were snowed under :lol:

calc7

Established Member
It's not uncommon to wait six weeks, and that's when they haven't had days with massive problems.

trickyvegas

Thanks for the replies, that's put my at rest a little. I'll give them a ring tomorrow and make sure I'm in the system somewhere.

Last edited:

bengolding

Instead of calling them on the expensive 0845 no, do a search at saynoto0870.com, which gives local 0121 nos for Virgin.

trickyvegas

Just spoke to Virgin customer services (on the 0121 number - thanks Voyagerdude). My claim had got jammed in their system and a very helpful gent, approved it there and then and passed it over to their finance department.

First time I've ever had need to call a TOC customer services department and was very impressed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for the good advice folks, £35 vouchers arrived in today's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.