• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Onboard CSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLL94

Hello all,

Wonder if anyone can help me.....

I recently applied for the Onboard CSA position with Virgin based at Wolverhampton. (I applied on last day the post was open)

I received an email saying that due to an overwhelming number of applications they are unable to invite me for a recruitment event on this occasion but to apply again for a vacancy if I remain interested....

Can anyone advise whether my application was unsuccessful or was I just too slow to apply??

I am currently working for another Virgin company but I am eager to move to the Railway!

I have tried to call their recruitment team but no one has answered or returned a voicemail.

Many thanks in advance!:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
That's their thanks but no thanks. Nothing to do with when you applied

ZackCulross

I also got this
I applied first day
2 months later I got this
They hired internal and are hiring again soon so keep an eye out

RJ

Established Member
There's a way to handle the application form to maximise your chances of getting through the sifts. What you write doesn't even have to make sense - it just has to tick all the boxes for HR to justify selecting you for the shortlist.

Also I'd never recommend waiting to the last minute to submit the application, especially for popular roles - for all you know they've already shortlisted people and held assessment centres before you've even registered your interest!

Last edited:

KLL94

Thanks for your help guys, very much appreciated!

I'll try again next time
. :D

WarJan

If find Virgin West coast an incredibly frustrating company to apply for. They are though one of the best to work for driver or csa they are great.. Salary and benefits and of course whether it be onboard or at stations, you could be working at Euston or every other day in Manchester or your liverpools. Problem is their recruitment is incredibly hard to pass. I have applied, and failed, others I know who worked For VIRGIN EC , a parent company still did not make it, however they pay over 4K more than VTEC but I don't know what it takes. I think that was the part time role in Wolverhampton weekend only. As others say keep trying, they are one of the best mainline companies behind EMT AND GWR to work for.

12guard4

There's a way to handle the application form to maximise your chances of getting through the sifts. What you write doesn't even have to make sense - it just has to tick all the boxes for HR to justify selecting you for the shortlist.

Also I'd never recommend waiting to the last minute to submit the application, especially for popular roles - for all you know they've already shortlisted people and held assessment centres before you've even registered your interest!

Almost no chance of them holding assessment centres before the application closes

Status
Not open for further replies.