• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin trains customer host on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tom73

Just my feeling, but if you get through the initial interview and progress onto a group environment with your fellow applicants, you should expect rather a lot of role playing exercises due to this being a customer facing position. Essential to display a cheerful and amiable disposition, a willingness and patience to listen to what the "customer" is asking/complaining about, visible empathy with a (complaining) customer and a cheerful willingness to do everything in your power to resolve the issue. Remember that what may seem like a stupid/inane question to you is not seen as anything other than a genuine enquiry by the person asking.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Evening

I was fortunate enough to attend the Virgin Trains talent academy in Crewe for an assessment day in September for the role of Train Manager. I was one of ten and despite my best efforts the role went to another candidate (to be fair all of us were strong characters and nine of us were always going to be disappointed).

If you want, send me a private message and I'll see if I can help.

C J

Status
Not open for further replies.