• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouseyb123

Hi guys,

I was recently successful in being offered a job to work as a CSA aboard Virgin Trains. I am due to go for a medical as part of the requirements for the job. I was just wondering what the medical actually searches for? Is it alcohol and illegal drugs? I have recently been prescribed a very small dose of antidepressants for anxiety and I was wondering if this will hold me back?

Any help given would be great!

Michael

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
Check the label (heavy machinery/driving), you might want to phone your doctor and ask their opinion and an alternative prescription. You should also declare it at your medical.

scouseyb123

I will check but I won't be driving of course and I won't be operating any heavy machinery :)

Kilted_Scot

Hi guys,

I was recently successful in being offered a job to work as a CSA aboard Virgin Trains. I am due to go for a medical as part of the requirements for the job. I was just wondering what the medical actually searches for? Is it alcohol and illegal drugs? I have recently been prescribed a very small dose of antidepressants for anxiety and I was wondering if this will hold me back?

Any help given would be great!

Michael

just declare it at the medical but from experience, it should be fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.