• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains telling people their rights are reduced if they bought multiple tickets for a journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
Virgin today, again refusing to accept that two tickets constitutes one journey:

Passenger: @VirginTrains hi! i couldn’t make a train because of an incident on the overground service in London. I had to buy another one at a later time. Is there anyway I can get a refund on the ticket i didn’t use?

Virgin: Hi Josh, if the tickets were separate, then I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to obtain a refund on it. ^PA

Screenshot_20190318-211940_Twitter.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Virgin today, again refusing to accept that two tickets constitutes one journey:

Passenger: @VirginTrains hi! i couldn’t make a train because of an incident on the overground service in London. I had to buy another one at a later time. Is there anyway I can get a refund on the ticket i didn’t use?

Virgin: Hi Josh, if the tickets were separate, then I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to obtain a refund on it. ^PA

View attachment 60508
Disappointing but hardly surprising! It is of course possible that they are contractually entitled to reject the passenger for onward travel, if for example the passenger did not leave the minimum connection time, or they bought their (Overground) ticket when the delay was published.

_toommm_

Established Member
Disappointing but hardly surprising! It is of course possible that they are contractually entitled to reject the passenger for onward travel, if for example the passenger did not leave the minimum connection time, or they bought their (Overground) ticket when the delay was published.

True, but it's a shame Virgin shot the customer down straight away without knowing the circumstances.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I see, after intervention from other Tweeters, Virgin are now attempting to understand the full circumstances.

This is welcome, though they really ought to have done this first time.

But (whatever anyone says about the negatives), that's a real positive aspect about Twitter; if someone gets incorrect information from a company, knowledgeable people can bring them to account and inform the customer.

Sometimes, the company might admit they are wrong or re-visit the customers case, which is good (and if they don't, at least people know what the company is truly like, which is still useful for consumers to know, so they can make informed decisions about future purchases).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.