• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains & Transport For Wales Delay Repay Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanthedog

Virgin Trains delay repay policy remains at 30 minutes despite many of the other train operating companies now offering a 15 minute delay repay refund (GWR, SWR, Transport for Wales etc..) I use a service where I purchase my tickets from Virgin Trains, London - Bangor return. The early morning and evening services are direct services operated by Virgin. However, the mid day off peak services require a change at Chester, the North Wales coast section being on Transport for Wales train service then the Virgin service starts being the London-Chester-London Virgin operated Super Voyager. Now how does this work for delay repay. Last week I purchased a Virgin ticket for 12:10 London-Bangor service, this required a change at Chester to take the TfW service onwards to Bangor. Despite the Virgin service arriving on time at Chester, the TfW service arrived 21 minutes past the advertised time at Bangor.

Does this substantiate a delay repay claim and if so do I claim this from Virgin (who have the 30 minute delay policy) or TfW (15 minute policy).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Virgin Trains delay repay policy remains at 30 minutes despite many of the other train operating companies now offering a 15 minute delay repay refund (GWR, SWR, Transport for Wales etc..) I use a service where I purchase my tickets from Virgin Trains, London - Bangor return. The early morning and evening services are direct services operated by Virgin. However, the mid day off peak services require a change at Chester, the North Wales coast section being on Transport for Wales train service then the Virgin service starts being the London-Chester-London Virgin operated Super Voyager. Now how does this work for delay repay. Last week I purchased a Virgin ticket for 12:10 London-Bangor service, this required a change at Chester to take the TfW service onwards to Bangor. Despite the Virgin service arriving on time at Chester, the TfW service arrived 21 minutes past the advertised time at Bangor.

Does this substantiate a delay repay claim and if so do I claim this from Virgin (who have the 30 minute delay policy) or TfW (15 minute policy).

Since the delay was caused by TfW, you would claim from them.

_toommm_

Established Member
You always claim from the train operating company (TOC) that delayed you, or if you were delayed by multiple TOCs, the one that delayed you first. TfW delayed you so you would claim with them. I've found them to be quite good with delay claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.