• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains West Coast qualified train drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GFC

Hi, does anyone have a copy of the bottom link at Euston? Looking to apply for one of the positions and was wondering where the core route/work would take me. Also wondering what the shift patterns are.
Thanks in advance

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Hi, does anyone have a copy of the bottom link at Euston? Looking to apply for one of the positions and was wondering where the core route/work would take me. Also wondering what the shift patterns are.
Thanks in advance
A number of links (correct away if wrong)
Euston-Preston
Rugby-Stafford via New Street/Dudley
Crewe-Manchester Piccadilly via Stockport (and maybe Styal)
Cheadle Hulme - Norton Bridge via Stoke
Stone - Colwich via Hixon
Kidsgrove - Crewe via Alsager
Bushbury Junction - Stechford via Bescot (direct and via Wolverhampton and into New Street via Handsworth and maybe via Duddeston)
Hanslope - Rugby via Northampton
Willesden relief and perhaps high level goods as well
Possibly Winwick-Golborne via Earlestown
Wembley ICD
Euston up carriage shed
Lower links add 221 and Crewe-Chester (possibly via Middlewich diversion)
Higher links lose the above but add Weaver Junction-Liverpool Lime Street

scally

Hi guys

Any Piccadilly or Wolverhampton drivers on here?
Just wondering the shifts pattern, routes etc that new starters would be doing?
Tried searching for info on Internet but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.
Dave.

GFC

Cheers for the info, I’ll keep an eye out for link-specific stuff too :)

whoosh

Established Member
'Committed' Sundays I believe. Up to you to find someone to work one for you if you don't want to. But outside the working week so extra overtime.

KAD

Hello everyone.

I'm also applying for Euston. Any info anyone may have on earliest starts and latest finish times would be greatly appreciated. Also I did hear some years ago that there was some kind of taxi agreement if starting/finishing before/after certain times. Anyone know if there is any truth to this and if so any details? Knowing I can actually get to the depot for the shifts would be a good start I suppose!

Thanks.

Set_DRA

Anybody else allows for this role and not heard anything?

My application has been moved to the “withdrawn/ Other” section of the webpage.

I’ve tried to call the recruitment team but unable to speak to anybody.

ZNB12

Hi, this happen to me twice in the past. First time throat it was my application on line so reopened an other account and did a new application, still nothing so try to phone, calls went to answer phone and on one got back to me. So just left it. A colleague of mine at the same depot got accepted for and assessment day in Crewe. I personally think it's bad practice for a TOC or any company not to reply.
Your not alone.

Worldwide

Which station was you applying for?

Set_DRA

Hi, this happen to me twice in the past. First time throat it was my application on line so reopened an other account and did a new application, still nothing so try to phone, calls went to answer phone and on one got back to me. So just left it. A colleague of mine at the same depot got accepted for and assessment day in Crewe. I personally think it's bad practice for a TOC or any company not to reply.
Your not alone.

Well as soon as it went into that category on the website I tried calling and left a voice message. I’ve yet to hear back and have tried calling again but have had no response.

I’d just like to know either way. I imagine there were a number of applications so maybe no news is good news at the moment. Unless your pal applied for this role and has since been offered an assessment?

Worldwide

Well as soon as it went into that category on the website I tried calling and left a voice message. I’ve yet to hear back and have tried calling again but have had no response.

I’d just like to know either way. I imagine there were a number of applications so maybe no news is good news at the moment. Unless your pal applied for this role and has since been offered an assessment?

Try emailing: [email protected].

TTDARL

Have any of those that applied for this heard back yet and passed the initial paper sift?

TTDARL

Heard nothing whatsoever.
Noticed a few weeks ago though that the application status has moved to the withdrawn / other section.
Tried phoning, voicemail, and email. Got nothing back.

uww11x

Noticed a few weeks ago though that the application status has moved to the withdrawn / other section.

Normally means unsuccessful. All my applications end up there lol.

Set_DRA

You’re in exactly the same boat as me Comrade.

Would be nice to know either way!! Shame we can’t get ahold of them.

ghost

Got invite to attend but cant make it. Been told in the assessment prep pack there will be rules exam, group exercise and panel intrview. Good luck to all who applied.

Set_DRA

Got invite to attend but cant make it. Been told in the assessment prep pack there will be rules exam, group exercise and panel intrview. Good luck to all who applied.

When did you receive the invitation to interview?

Shame you can't make it fella

ghost

29 May. They sent a text message to have a look at your mail, found it in spam folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.