• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin WC Voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuwhu

My dad received a voucher (in the form of a discount code) from Virgin for 50 percent off a journey after he complained about a leaking train. Does anyone know if this will be valid after the Franchise change. He's asked Virgin staff at Crewe and Manchester who don't know, and his e-mail to Virgin has been ignored.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trackman

Established Member
This has been on another thread.
VTWC have said (via email) the discounted journey has to be completed before the 6th December.
Someone has said codes work for future dates, but I'd advise against doing this.

gray1404

Established Member
My understanding is the journey has to be booked by the last day of the current franchise on the Virgin Trains website. This can include travel into the future as long as reservations are open.

These codes are for advance tickets for travel on West Coast only. So it is worth keeping in mind that the tickets will come with an itinerary and the tickets will only be valid on those specific booked trains.

I therefore would not worry if travel is with the new franchise holder as they will be expected to honour any tickets booked already with Virgin Trains and indeed have confirmed this in a recent Press Release.

Status
Not open for further replies.