• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin wekend 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

delt1c

Established Member
Appologies if this has been posted before.
Travelling pendolino 1st class this weekend and wa wondering if there is at seat service or do you have to go to the the shop for the complimentaries?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oliverj8

Most of the time its at-seat service on the Pendolinos. I've only been in First on a Voyager once and had to go to the shop to get refreshments.

Hope this helps. :D

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Established Member
I've always been served at seat when travelling at weekends.

S19

I travelled on Virgin First at weekend. On my journey early doors on Saturday morning it was a walk to the shop job (which I couldn't be arsed doing).

On Sunday coming back from Euston it was an at seat service, but the train was rammed in First Class.

I think it's all down to luck sometimes!

Old Timer

Established Member
Appologies if this has been posted before.
Travelling pendolino 1st class this weekend and wa wondering if there is at seat service or do you have to go to the the shop for the complimentaries?
The Pendolino services are staffed with two on board services staff. One mans (or woman's I guess is a better term) the shop, the other the trolley in first.

Obviously if there are shortages, the shop will be manned, and the trolley service in first will be pulled.

klewer

Does anyone know what the complimentary bits are on Virgin 1st at the weekend? I'm travelling up to Glasgow from London next weekend, and was told you get a big fat zero from them unless it's during the week..

mickey

Does anyone know what the complimentary bits are on Virgin 1st at the weekend? I'm travelling up to Glasgow from London next weekend, and was told you get a big fat zero from them unless it's during the week..

No, you get free tea, coffee, water (still & sparkling), sometimes cola, sometimes crisps and fruit, always biscuits. Usually it's unlimited.

This is always available from the shop on production of 1st tickets, but there's now usually a host with a trolley at weekends. I don't know about the far north bit (i.e. north of Preston) but on Liverpool/Manc/Brum/Preston routes there's a host on all scheduled trains, subject to staff availability of course. This was only brought in a year or two ago, which could explain some of the outdated posts above.

Keele13

I was in first on a pendolino from Euston-Stoke-on-Trent last Sunday and it was an at-seat trolley service of tea, coffee, water, biscuits & crisps. You can ask for whichever combo you like (I had tea, water & biscuits), if you ask for water it doesn't mean you can't have a coke/tea/whatever as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.