• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin West Mids Diverts Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1337

I was on the 1355 Pendo from Stockport - Euston today. After Stafford it avoided Wolverhampton going along a line where there was Wednesfield Heath, then through Tame Bridge Parkway on to New Street. Does anyone have the mileage for this bit from Stafford to New Street please, as I can't find it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
I presume you went via Soho and not Aston. In that case, adding up milages from Quail, I get 29 miles, 71 chains.

Coradia

Im impressed they are managing to get so many through New Street considering this is such a busy station, surely there must be times where other stopping trains have to make way for them or someting like that. Having said that its great that VT are still getting passengers to Euston rather than just cancellations.

Last edited:

Mintona

Established Member
I was on the 1355 Pendo from Stockport - Euston today. After Stafford it avoided Wolverhampton going along a line where there was Wednesfield Heath, then through Tame Bridge Parkway on to New Street. Does anyone have the mileage for this bit from Stafford to New Street please, as I can't find it.

I dispatched you from Wilmslow! :grin:

will1337

I presume you went via Soho and not Aston. In that case, adding up milages from Quail, I get 29 miles, 71 chains.

Yes, via Soho. Thanks very much

Coradia said:
Im impressed they are managing to get so many through New Street considering this is such a busy station, surely there must be times where other stopping trains have to make way for them or someting like that. Having said that its great that VT are still getting passengers to Euston rather than just cancellations.

It was more this train stopping for everything else, it took 3 1/2 hours to get to Euston, sitting outside Crewe for 20 min and at New Street for about that long as well as a few crawls.

Mintona said:
I dispatched you from Wilmslow! :D
You weren't wearing a dressing gown then!

clagmonster

Established Member
I the past, some diverted services have run in the paths of northal West Mids-Euston services, with the remainder going via Aston-Stechford. I suspect this is what happened here, with it taking up the path of a New Street-Euston service.

Coradia

I the past, some diverted services have run in the paths of northal West Mids-Euston services, with the remainder going via Aston-Stechford. I suspect this is what happened here, with it taking up the path of a New Street-Euston service.

Yeah it looks to be that way with the Manchester and Liverpool services, since they make additional stops at Coventry and Watford so effectively one services being used for originally two south of Birmingham. Though it looks suprising that they have got the Glasgow ones pretty much non stop, but as will1337 pointed out, they will no doubt not go entirely straight through to Euston due to signaling/other manouvers, but would be pretty cool if they did ;) .

will1337

I'd think so, as it became packed at New Street. After there though, there did seem to be a very heavy traffic of Pendos though, one seemed to pass every few minutes.

Coradia

I trust that Network Rail were sucessful with the engineering task ahead of them the last few weeks since the real time systems show VT services running on time into Euston. Though it looks like they are currently taking of the 'change for good' stuff on virgintrains.co.uk since you can't access it at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.