• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visa Electron and Ticket Collection Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slough

Hi

I have a £10 voucher from redspottedhanky that i plan to use to buy a ticket for £8.40 tomorrow . I will be collecting this from the ticket machine at slough . It says I need to have a debit/credit card to access my ticket from the machine . I am slightly concerned that

1) The ticket machine won't recognise my visa electron card
2) I have used a voucher to pay for this and no card details are on the redspottedhanky website , so even if it takes electron cards the two are not linked.
3) Am I worrying for the sake of it ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
That's a good question. I think it'll be fine but I am not 100% sure.

ywy1234

Hi

I have a £10 voucher from redspottedhanky that i plan to use to buy a ticket for £8.40 tomorrow . I will be collecting this from the ticket machine at slough . It says I need to have a debit/credit card to access my ticket from the machine . I am slightly concerned that

1) The ticket machine won't recognise my visa electron card
2) I have used a voucher to pay for this and no card details are on the redspottedhanky website , so even if it takes electron cards the two are not linked.
3) Am I worrying for the sake of it ?

1) I have used the TVMs for ticket collecting using a visa electron for many times with no problem. I believe many websites accept visa electron payment for TOD too.

2) I was also using TVMs to collect tickets paid by redspottedhanky vouchers, it seems it should accept any card.

You will be fine :)

Slough

Thanks again everyone
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just collected the tickets , couldn't have been any easier . Took my electron card without any problems even though it wasn't booked on that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.