• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visual Acuity VS maximum lens correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop79

Hi guys Iam after a bit of advice . I have a medical soon for a Trainee Train Driver and Iam really worried about the unaided eye test.is that true that the unaided visual acuity requirement which is 3/60 is replaced by maximum lens correction which is myopia -8 or hypertobia +5 . My prescription is below -8 but Iam concerned maybe I don't meet the requirement of unaided visual acuity. And is the -8 for SPH only ? Or for SPH and CYL combined which is the Astigmatism. Can anybody know about eyesight requirements advise please ? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sw1ller

Established Member
There’s no point in worrying. Just go for the medical, if you meet the standard then brilliant. If not, then there’s not much you can do about it other than corrective lazar surgery. However, that would need to be declared on your next application and some tocs wont allow for it (mine does)

Status
Not open for further replies.