• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visual Search Exercise (VSE) Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FManc

Hi everyone.
I've got to sit the Visual Search Exercise (and M7SJT) soon at the OPC in Watford. I've gone through the practice material and searched through this forum to get an idea of what to expect. Am I correct in thinking that Part 2 is matching symbols and not letters (letters used in the practice material)? How many symbols are in each column when you're matching? The practice material has 3 or 4 in each column. Is it just like squares, circles, triangles etc...
Part 3 sounds like it is really meant to test you. Anyone got any tips or advice for it? From what I've gathered I should prioritise the circuit (task 1) over the matching (task 2).
I've already passed all the other OPC tests to enhanced so I've got quite a lot riding on the VSE and M7SJT.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cyclist

Part 2 is indeed symbols and it will either be 2 or 3 matching symbols. They appear in blocks. For example 5 two symbol sets in a row. It will flash at the top when it is changing between showing two or three.
Part 3 just make sure that you've answered the left side (the track) first before even looking at the symbols.

FManc

Part 2 is indeed symbols and it will either be 2 or 3 matching symbols. They appear in blocks. For example 5 two symbol sets in a row. It will flash at the top when it is changing between showing two or three.
Part 3 just make sure that you've answered the left side (the track) first before even looking at the symbols.

Ah that's ace, cheers for that!
Matching 2 or 3 symbols doesnt sound as bad as matching 3 or 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.