• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT Class 380 service..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsnedders

Established Member
I think a Lockerbie service would be a very popular and viable service. A limited stopper from Lockerbie calling at Carstairs and Motherwell would definitly take the ease off both TPE and existing Scotrail services throughout the route. The diagrams for Lockerbie and Carstairs are really infrequent that it surprises me, given the rising patronage at these stations, that there's no clear indication from Scotrail to provide a service.

Is there the capacity at Central to run it? (Obviously it would require new stock, and that would depend on the BCR as to how likely that is to happen!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clansman

Established Member
Is there the capacity at Central to run it? (Obviously it would require new stock, and that would depend on the BCR as to how likely that is to happen!)

The rolling stock issue could easily be solved by picking up the Greater Anglia 321 Renatus units which are due to go off-lease and then displace the 385s (which will replace 314s on Cathcart Circle) and use them on Lockerbie services.

Obviously this isn't going to happen (along with 99.9% of proposals on this forum) but it is food for thought as to how more services could be introduced.

I'm sure there'd be capacity at Central for such a service and Waverley (I think).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.