• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VWC off peak return - outward break of journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil from Mon

Hi guys

I need to travel Bangor - Penrith next month for a meeting, but have another in Oxenholme on the way. Can I break an off-peak return Bangor to Penrith at Oxenholme, or should I travel Bangor - Oxenholme and rebook? Does a senior railcard make any difference? Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
No, as long as you stay on a permitted route from Bangor to Penrith you will be fine.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If you're getting it reimbursed I suppose it won't matter, but if you're not then you may wish to consider buying two tickets rather than one, or 'rebooking' if you will.

Bangor -> Wigan is £44.10 and allows any train, but no break of journey on this bit.
Wigan -> Penrith is £33.10 and allows any train, including break of journey at Oxenholme.

Total is £77.20 and you must travel on a train calling at Wigan, which they all do.

You could also do the same thing at Liverpool if you wished, but it would be a slower journey as you'd have to change at Lime Street and then Wigan.

Bangor -> Liverpool is £30.60 and allows any train, but no break of journey on this bit.
Liverpool -> Penrith is £41.10 and allows any train, including break of journey at Oxenholme.

Total is £71.70.

Status
Not open for further replies.