• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wagons on the WCML at Willesden 02/11/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
I've just gone past Willesden on the Down Fast and saw 5 wagons just stationary on the Up Slow at Willesden. Does anyone know why they are there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

66701GBRF

6L48 became divided yesterday evening. Damaged couplings, lack of suitably trained fitters, unavailable spare locos and drivers means there has been a delay in removing them.

BucksBones

Is that why an announcement at Bletchley this morning said that trains wouldn't be stopping at Bushy?

Yes it is. Had announcements to that effect on the train I'm now on - Not sure why though, given that we have just sailed through Bushey on the slow line!

Edit:it's because it has been cleared; passed the site now, on SL all the way.

Last edited:

Established Member
Out of interest, why would train not call at Bushey of train had split at Willesden?

Nippy

Because they have to run Fast Line from Watford. 12 coach trains can't call at Bushey on the Fast Lines. Also, it is very common if there is a problem on one the Slow Lines to run fast between Euston and Watford and have passengers use the DC lines or circulate via the open Slow Line.

Established Member
Because they have to run Fast Line from Watford. 12 coach trains can't call at Bushey on the Fast Lines. Also, it is very common if there is a problem on one the Slow Lines to run fast between Euston and Watford and have passengers use the DC lines or circulate via the open Slow Line.
I wasn’t aware of the track layout, presumed they would of been able to cross slow to fast before Wembley.
Thanks for the reply.

jfollows

Established Member
I wasn’t aware of the track layout, presumed they would of been able to cross slow to fast before Wembley.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, there were crossovers both ways at Harrow post-electrification but both sets were removed many years ago. Now there's up fast to up slow / down slow to down fast north of Wembley but that's it and no help in this particular situation.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Theoretically they could go from the Up Slow onto the Relief Lines, diveunder and join the Up Fast from the other side, but I'm not sure if LNWR drivers sign them and it probably wouldn't be very practical anyway.

Nippy

Yes some do sign them, but it is probably easier to say they go the other way as at least it is a bit predictable. Also until 8ish this morning Avanti sets were coming out the North end of Wembley Depot and reversing on the Slow Lines at Wembley Central before going via the Relief Lines to West London Junction

Update, Tuesday 8/11.

The wagons are still dumped in Kilburn Loop and the Brent Reception.

Last edited:

Nippy

Update 07/12/22

Brent Reception wagons have been recovered.
Kilburn Loop wagons still there.

Nippy

Update 20/12.

Wagons were removed from Kilburn Loop to Brent Sidings yesterday lunchtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.