• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walsall Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesM

Guys,

Any help on this one would be much appreciated.

Need to go from Milton Keynes to the Bescott Stadium tomorrow afternoon, but on the way back I intend to get the train at Walsall station, as I get an extra half hour with my family and still get back in MK at the same time (arr MK - 22:04).

Ticketing wise, what's the best way round this, so I don't end up paying too much - being 100% legal about it? Can I travel short to the Bescott on a train that would stop at Walsall for instance? I should stress that the train that I would hope to get from Walsall (20:16) doesn't stop at Bescott, which means I can't split ticket. Arrragh!

Ideally I would like to buy a simple standard return ticket, rather than specifying trains. I can be flexible and get a train at a nearby station if that is necessary.

Many thanks,

James

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
A supersaver return, route London Midland only (ie not valid on Virgin from Milton Keynes-New St) Milton Keynes-Walsall costs £10. You are perfectly entitled to leave early on the outward at Bescot. This is unrestricted at weekends.

JamesM

Hi Clag - I apologise - I should have stressed that I wanted to get the Virgin train to Brum, as it's way faster. Happy to get a LM train after that. If I bought a £23 standard return using any TOC, would that still allow me to travel short?

Thanks,

James

tony_mac

Established Member
Milton Keynes to Coventry is £16.50 return; I think that a west midlands day tripper is £5.20 and will allow you to go wherever you like by bus,train and tram in the west midlands. There may be other options, as I don't know if you will be able to buy this outside the west midlands, which would probably mean getting off the train at Coventry to get it.

http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-and-prices/daytickets/n-networkDaytripper/5/

Status
Not open for further replies.