• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warrington Bank Quay/Central to London Terminals return

Status
Not open for further replies.

joke2711

Hi Experts

Yesterday my work purchased me an off peak return ... Warrington Central/Bank Quay to London Terminals return.

Outbound the journey is the 12:20 from Warrington Bank Quay on Thursday 1st November .. no problems with that.
Return .. I have a seat reservation with the ticket on the 16:30 from London Euston on Friday 2nd November yet the ticket has a 2C restriction.

I am missing something. Interestingly at the time of booking the 1730 and 1830 departures were also offered and I would now prefer to travel on the 1730 service. Worried that the 2C restriction may be a problem though.

Help as always appreciated.

J

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Hi Experts

Yesterday my work purchased me an off peak return ... Warrington Central/Bank Quay to London Terminals return.

Outbound the journey is the 12:20 from Warrington Bank Quay on Thursday 1st November .. no problems with that.
Return .. I have a seat reservation with the ticket on the 16:30 from London Euston on Friday 2nd November yet the ticket has a 2C restriction.

I am missing something. Interestingly at the time of booking the 1730 and 1830 departures were also offered and I would now prefer to travel on the 1730 service. Worried that the 2C restriction may be a problem though.

Help as always appreciated.

J
Virgin has lifted evening peak restrictions on Fridays. It was originally planned for this to happen merely over the summer; it would appear from the fares data that this has been extended for the entire current booking horizon, which is somewhat surprising seeing as their publicity states that the "easement" lasts only until Friday 26th October.

If you are denied travel with your reservation and Off-Peak ticket, pay any excess claimed, and then reclaim it from Virgin later. Alternatively delay your journey until such time as you are permitted travel, and claim compensation for your delay.

joke2711

Thanks for this .. is it possible to change the reservation time to the 17:30 then?

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Thanks for this .. is it possible to change the reservation time to the 17:30 then?
At the moment, it would appear so. You should be able to go to any booking office and get a reservation; if they say that it is not a valid service with your ticket then ask them to see if their system will sell the WBQ-EUS Off-Peak Return on that service (at the moment, it will!).

joke2711

I have a choice of Merseyrail ... or Wigan/Preston on Thursday Evening .. think I will leave it till then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.