• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waterloo Bakerloo announcemts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandroid

Established Member
I noticed when I last caught a Bakerloo Line train out of Waterloo that the automated announcements said "mind the platform-edge doors" I can see that this should apply on the local Jubilee line platforms, but on the Bakerloo? If they are adopting a one size fits all strategy, do they make the same announcements on the Northern and Waterloo and City Lines platforms!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ag1816

I noticed when I last caught a Bakerloo Line train out of Waterloo that the automated announcements said "mind the platform-edge doors" I can see that this should apply on the local Jubilee line platforms, but on the Bakerloo? If they are adopting a one size fits all strategy, do they make the same announcements on the Northern and Waterloo and City Lines platforms!
They don’t announce “platform-edge doors“ on the Jubilee Line. It’s rather strange. Seems like something simple to change.

MrJeeves

Established Member
They're swapped between the Jubilee and Bakerloo platforms, and have been for a very long time.

Bakerloo talks about the PEDs, while Jubilee talks about minding the gap and standing away from the edge of the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.