• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waterloo-Cholsey via Basingstoke and Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The simplest way to check this sort of thing (in my opinion) is to look at Cholsey to Surbiton (a relevant station in zone 6 on the line of route you want to take) on the NRES planner. This shows journeys both via Reading, Virginia Water and Weybridge; and also via Reading and Basingstoke, at the same ticket price.

That would give me enough evidence to say it was OK, without delving into the routeing guide.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Agreed. I believe that it would be permitted only if the Basingstoke-London train calls at Surbiton though (changing at Woking may be faster if the first train is non-stop from there to CJ).

AFAIK there is still no official guidance on how one is to calculate Permitted Routes on an outboundary Travelcard. For a boundary zone ticket ATOC have said that any station in the zone may be used, so it would be reasonable to assume the same (and this is what NRES does).

Cholsey-London Terminals is not valid via Basingstoke however.

Status
Not open for further replies.