• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waterloo (Sunrise to) Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.

70014IronDuke

Established Member
(Actually, a few years before the Kinks)

Someone from another forum has sent me this - 24 hours at Waterloo in 1961.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_lUCgC-Jo

talk about the way we were - some in North Cornwall could have watery eyes watching this.

Apologies if this has been posted before (I did a search, and could not find a reference).

Any history teachers in here might like to bookmark this video - very useful for an emergency lesson, I should imagine - just make 'em watch it and note down what's changed and discuss.

regrds

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
(Actually, a few years before the Kinks)

Someone from another forum has sent me this - 24 hours at Waterloo in 1961.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_lUCgC-Jo

talk about the way we were - some in North Cornwall could have watery eyes watching this.

Apologies if this has been posted before (I did a search, and could not find a reference).

Any history teachers in here might like to bookmark this video - very useful for an emergency lesson, I should imagine - just make 'em watch it and note down what's changed and discuss.

regrds

Fabulous stuff!

I still have a VHS copy of that film, things like the station announcer reciting the endless stops of the ACE at long closed stations like Tresmeer, Otterham etc, or the little boy who's lost his mum, the early days of mass immigration, great director John Schlesinger, could watch it over and over...

Status
Not open for further replies.