• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waterloo to St Pancras - where to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

Next Saturday (around 4pm), I'm needing to interchange between Waterloo and St Pancras with a very tight connection of 30 minutes.

I've seen that most of the Northern Line's Charing Cross branch is shut, so I'll need to go a different route. Can anyone suggest which of the following is likely to be less busy/quicker:

1. Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, then Victoria line to Kings Cross St Pancras
2. Jubilee line to London Bridge, then Northern line Bank branch to Kings Cross St Pancras
3. Bakerloo line to Piccadilly Circus, then Piccadilly line to Kings Cross St Pancras

I've never interchanged at any of these three stations, so don't know which one would be better. Although number 2 looks a little longer, I'm hoping London Bridge will be less busy with shoppers.

Any suggestions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Bakerloo to OXO then Victoria line is by far the quickest and easiest route. It is a cross-platform interchange at OXO so no need to climb stairs or wind your way around passageways, etc.

Brucey

Thanks Mojo. Wasn't aware that Oxford Circus has CPI, so it'll definitely be that option.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Assuming you're headed for EMT or FCC TL, you're possibly best headed for the northern concourse, which if I remember correctly from a northbound train is the "front" end of the platform.

Brucey

Thanks for that tip. I am indeed headed for a FCC service, which will depart from the EMT platforms.

Barclay

You will probably be quickest getting off at Vauxhall (if your mainline train stops there) and taking the Victoria Line direct to St Pancras. I have to travel between the South West Main Line and St Pancras 2 or 3 times a week, and have found this route to be the fastest and most reliable.

If you know London well, the quickest way is to take a Boris bike from Waterloo to St Pancras direct!

Brucey

Unfortunately I'm travelling to Waterloo on a Megatrain ticket, so must travel to the destination printed on the ticket :(

I'd normally take a bike, but I'm travelling with a super-sized suitcase ... unless anyone can suggest a Boris Bike Trailer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.