• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML today. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubenutter

Nowhere on the web seems to have acknowledged that it is only buses from Rugby today. The national rail enquiries site displays trains in the journey planner, Live Departure Boards seem to know nothing about it, Network Rail's site doesnt say anything, and none of the call centres seem to be aware of any disruption. I rang Virgin's call centre in India (or somewhere like that) and they were completely unaware of any problem at Rugby today.

I need to travel to redditch this evening, but have no way of knowing when the buses are leaving Rugby -- can anyone suggest any way of finding out?

Thanks,

Jonny

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Hello. Clearly, there is a problem. The only site I've seen as of yet offering assistance is Chiltern, who will accept all tickets. Would that be of help (My geography of England is rather poor, so I don't know how local that is).

Fuzzy Logic

Ring Directory Enquiries and see if you can get the phone no. of Rugby station ticket office / travel centre?

me123

Established Member
"Customers should travel from Kettering then East Midlands Trains to London St Pancras"

That's all Rugby passsengers have, sadly, no use to you. From National Rail Enquiries.

tubenutter

Hi guys, thanks for your help.

I sort of know whats going on (I know there are buses going Northampton - Long Buckby - Rugby - Coventry) but nowhere can I find the timetable. It's very poor customer service.

Thanks anyway

Jonny

Ben

Hi guys, thanks for your help.

I sort of know whats going on (I know there are buses going Northampton - Long Buckby - Rugby - Coventry) but nowhere can I find the timetable. It's very poor customer service.

Thanks anyway

Jonny

Should imagine the buses are going at (near enough) the same time as the Trains would.

djw1981

Established Member
Given IIRC LM have an hourly service at Rugby, your longest wait would be 60 minutes???

me123

Established Member
Should imagine the buses are going at (near enough) the same time as the Trains would.

The buses should be about the same times, adjusted slightly for differences in routes, speed limits, etc.

tubenutter

Sorry to bump the thread four days on, but just to say thanks to the guys that tried to help me.

Incidentally, the journey time is 10 - 15 minutes by train from Rugby to Coventry, but can be up to 40 minutes - so do you think they would have been run at similar times? (considering that they have come from northampton, which probably takes extra time of a similar proportion)

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Sorry to bump the thread four days on, but just to say thanks to the guys that tried to help me.

Incidentally, the journey time is 10 - 15 minutes by train from Rugby to Coventry, but can be up to 40 minutes - so do you think they would have been run at similar times? (considering that they have come from northampton, which probably takes extra time of a similar proportion)

Most likely that they would have been running more of a shuttle service, with buses leaving at regular intervals.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
As people probably know by now, I too was travelling on Wednesday 2nd January, with the day starting from Manchester Picc.

I asked the TM on the Pendo how long the coach option from Birmingham Int to Northampton would take, but he didn't know, and by the looks of things, no one had bothered to tell him... :roll:

Edit: Does anyone know how long it would have taken me from International (Once the fire was put out), to Northampton? - My Supermarket was probably one of the very first southbound trains to call at International, as the driver had to phone the signaller at a red, which the signaller had done on purpose, to contact the driver by the looks of things. (Queue very funny sounding PA from driver :lol:)

If i knew how long it would take, I would have been tempted, as i've not done Northampton before.

I'm glad I didn't however, as I ended up being with a great XC crew from Birmingham to Reading, and also had my first experience of a refurbished HST set [FGW]

Status
Not open for further replies.