• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Website Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Looks nice. :)

One area you could improve on is the 'thumb' images aren't actually 'thumb' images. They're larger images that you have instructed browsers to reduce in size (to a width of 340 pixels), the actual images are up to 848 pixels wide.

If you can produce genuine thumb images then you will speed up loading times (especially for people with dial-up connections).

Feel free to contact me if you require further advice (Messenger ID on profile).

Keep up the good work!

devon_metro

Established Member
Hmm i did resize the images to about 440 x ??? and they did come out as different images for examplei saved the first image as h1.jpg and then made a smaller version being h1s.jpg as then the image comes out as 70Kb. Is this too large for a thumbnail?
EDIT: i have found a better programe than microsoft picture it express and the thumbnails have been updated to 11Kb

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The smaller the thumbnails, the better. They should just serve the purpose of letting people know what image they can click on. When they click the thumbnail, then the image can be much larger.

devon_metro

Established Member
Yes i agree, i would het to be a dial up user viewing my other picture pages. I'll make thumbnails from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.