• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekend First Glasgow-Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
I bought an advanced ticket from Falkirk High to Sandwell & Dudley for my daughter on a railcard basis. (Virgin West coast & Connections).

Part of the journey is Glasgow Central to Wolverhampton - it did not give me the option to purchase Weekend First which is normally £15.

The cost of the ticket was £16.50 - identical on Virgin o/l and East Coast which I used to get the points.

Why did it not come up as an option, and will she be able to purchase the supplement on the train ? (It's on a Sunday)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Check that it is possible to do a Weekend 1st when holding an advance ticket. Virgin may be different but I know ScotRail, for example, do not allow that.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Check that it is possible to do a Weekend 1st when holding an advance ticket. Virgin may be different but I know ScotRail, for example, do not allow that.

Unless it's changed since I last did this a year or so back, Virgin do allow Advance ticket holders to upgrade on-train :)

Butts

Veteran Member
Thanks everyone I'll tell her she can upgrade onboard - do you have to await the announcement or just plonk yourself in an unreserved seat ?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Plonk yourself in a seat and wait for the guard to come around checking tickets.

I normally have my cash/card out just as an extra sign that I'm paying the upgrade but it certainly isn't mandatory to do that.

Butts

Veteran Member
Plonk yourself in a seat and wait for the guard to come around checking tickets.

I normally have my cash/card out just as an extra sign that I'm paying the upgrade but it certainly isn't mandatory to do that.

Cheers I'll tell my daughter that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.