• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekend Loco Stabling London

Status
Not open for further replies.

433N

I've got half a Saturday in London.

Can anyone suggest good places to see stabled locos, since RTT is telling me that there is precious little freight and they must go somewhere.

Are Wembley Yard or Acton Yard chocca at the weekend ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Devonman2014

I've got half a Saturday in London.

Can anyone suggest good places to see stabled locos, since RTT is telling me that there is precious little freight and they must go somewhere.

Are Wembley Yard or Acton Yard chocca at the weekend ?

Wouldn’t say chocca but there are few locos stabled at both locations.
Stabling also happens at hoo junction and hither green - a few locos at each location.

Further out you got Tonbridge Yard which holds GBRF 73’s and 66’s

433N

Stabling also happens at hoo junction and hither green - a few locos at each location.
Further out you got Tonbridge Yard which holds GBRF 73’s and 66’s

You read my mind. I was doing Tonbridge anyway since I'm staying in that area. :)

From the dearth of stabling points in London, am I to conclude that the locos that work in London during the week, all have a little siding to go to in the Cotswolds for the weekend ? ;)

xotGD

Established Member
You read my mind. I was doing Tonbridge anyway since I'm staying in that area. :)

From the dearth of stabling points in London, am I to conclude that the locos that work in London during the week, all have a little siding to go to in the Cotswolds for the weekend ? ;)
The 92s pop over to France to stock up on Good Brie.

Status
Not open for further replies.