• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Well done Avanti!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh2254

I was on the 1657 Euston to Tamworth train on 9/5/22 The train developed a fault which showed itself as an intermittant loud pitched door alarm sound and the display on the door still showed a red circle rather than not being illuminated.

At this stage we were just out of Euston and getting up to speed. The train manager was soon onto the problem and it was decided to stop the train and resolve the problem - the train manager left the train and did something outside , before returning, & putting the door out of service.

We then continued our journey. This all took about 20 mins. The train manager then made the usual announcements about connections etc.

I explained I had a connection at Tamworth and he checked live departures and said its going to be close! He helped position our bags at the nearest doors to where the steps were at Tamworth leading from low level to high level and even helped us off the train with these - fortunately the XC from Tamworth was a few mins late and we managed to get our connection.

So well done Avanti train manager for going above and beyond!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duffman82

I was on the 1657 Euston to Tamworth train on 9/5/22 The train developed a fault which showed itself as an intermittant loud pitched door alarm sound and the display on the door still showed a red circle rather than not being illuminated. At this stage we were just out of Euston and getting up to speed. The train manager was soon onto the problem and it was decided to stop the train and resolve the problem - the train manager left the train and did something outside , before returning, & putting the door out of service. We then continued our journey. This all took about 20 mins. The train manager then made the usual announcements about connections etc. I explained I had a connection at Tamworth and he checked live departures and said its going to be close! He helped position our bags at the nearest doors to where the steps were at Tamworth leading from low level to high level and even helped us off the train with these - fortunately the XC from Tamworth was a few mins late and we managed to get our connection. So well done Avanti train manager for going above and beyond!
Pass this onto Avanti so the TM gets some recognition for this excellent customer service.

kristiang85

Established Member
Definitely give them a tweet about this - I imagine the customer service reps can have their day made by a positive tweet amidst all the complaints they get! And hopefully it gets back to the TM too.

cf111

Established Member
Really nice to hear and I'm glad you've fed it back as good work deserves a pat on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.