• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welwyn Garden City PAYG Contactless Capping

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1ch4r6

Since contactless has now been enabled at Welwyn Garden City, I am wondering about how capping works between WGC and Zone 1.

On the TFL page it says “Caps don't apply at these stations” - https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/find-fares/national-rail-fares-beyond-zone-9#on-this-page-0

But if I travel from Welwyn Garden City to Green Park, will capping be calculated between zones 1-6 (Hadley Wood is boundary)?

Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Journeys to and from Welwyn Garden City aren't included in the caps, and I can't see the capping system calculating between the Zones until you make another separate journey fully with zones that count towards the caps.

thewaistcoat

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
But if I travel from Welwyn Garden City to Green Park, will capping be calculated between zones 1-6 (Hadley Wood is boundary)?
No. Any journey to/from an uncapped station will be charged in full regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.