• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wem station

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenC1

National Rail website station finder says that Wem station has a ticket machine where pre-puchased tickets can be collected (but it is not shown on station map). However my employers ticketing agent says that these are not in use or not available for some reason and there is no option to select Wem station for TOD on their booking system. Can anyone with knowledge of this station confirm for me either way?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tracky

Wem has a brand new card only TVM on the Shrewsbury bound platform. I know a number of the new machines are in use but am not 100% sure on Wems status.

StevenC1

Gareth and Tracky - thanks for the replys. Pity its not on the Crewe bound patform as that is the direction my colleague will travel in! Problem prices are not a concern as it will only be needed to collect pre-paid tickets.

6Gman

Established Member
Gareth and Tracky - thanks for the replys. Pity its not on the Crewe bound patform as that is the direction my colleague will travel in! Problem prices are not a concern as it will only be needed to collect pre-paid tickets.

Does Wem have a footbridge or does passage from platform to platform require the LC to be open?

If so seems a recipe for missed trains collecting tickets!

The ticket machine was working earlier this week, with options to buy tickets for immediate travel and collect tickets bought previously. For my journey, it offered the correct prices. NB it accepts card payments only.

Class 92

I have noticed they have one and at Nantwich and Wem but non at Whitchurch, why is this or have they not put them in yet?

Whitchurch is due to get one shortly (surprised it hasn't arrived yet), whereas the request stops along the line will not.

Class 92

Not like it will be any use to me with me paying cash! Wonder how many people will use it?

StevenC1

thanks Torqueofhte devil. Nice to know the ticket machine is up and running. I wonder how long it will take to feed through to all the booking sites - only Cross Country and Northern had Wem on their list of TOD stations, though some of the other sites/TOCs I couldn't check without having to register first.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The Level Crossing is going over to Automatic oioeration shortly. The locals are complaining and claiming it is one of the most misused ones in the country

Class 92

It is I believe, I thought that Network rail/BTP had bought 4 or 6 camera vans that will park outside the crossing and catch any drivers that go through. That was a while ago when I heard that!

Status
Not open for further replies.