• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wensleydale Railway....Track donation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

Its pleasing to see that one of our longest HR's is working with industry.

I note from their website that they have been donated some 2.5miles of barely used Bullhead track for use on their system by Suez Recycling, one of the largest companies in the world for recycling.

I am sure it will be put to great use on this lovely line into the Yorkshire Dales from near Northallerton at Leming Bar.

Here's a link to the news....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Its pleasing to see that one of our longest HR's is working with industry.

I note from their website that they have been donated some 2.5miles of barely used Bullhead track for use on their system by Suez Recycling, one of the largest companies in the world for recycling.

I am sure it will be put to great use on this lovely line into the Yorkshire Dales from near Northallerton at Leming Bar.

Here's a link to the news....

Yes theres a lot going on lately at the WR.

They recently had the whole of the Leeming Bar platform tarmaced, something that had never ever been done, even in BR days.

They have an excellent "living experience" at Leeming Bar, simply a great FREE journey back in time through the restored stations at both Leeming Bar and Scruton.

I also know that the ex BR Civil Engineers crane they acquired from the KWVR is being restored bottom up wards, so on the evidence of photos, cant wait to take a few myself when it enters service.

The crane has been dismantled and shot blasted back to base metal, including the crane body. New metal skins are being fitted where metal sheets are rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.