• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Anglia Flexitime Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljajo95

I commute from Great Chesterford [GRC] to London Liverpool Street [LST] and currently hold an Annual Season, which expires soon. As it happens the season is actually from Cambridge [CBG] to LST and I start short/finish early most days at GRC; but I value the convenience of being able to continue on to CBG of an evening after work, or to go there from home at weekends, all with one smart card. I’ve recently realised the price is the same from Cambridge North [CMB] so I may as well get that extra validity for no extra cost as well. (Indeed I write this at CBG having started at CMB on my way home this evening.)

Anyway, that’s by the by. In the course of researching my renewal I stumbled across the restriction code LE:

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/pdfs/7DS_LE.pdf

This implies the existence of a “Flexitime Season” along the West Anglia line. As the restrictions match my travel times – the restriction is to arrive LST after 0916 on weekdays, which I do, just – I’d be interested in this ticket. But I can’t find any reference to it anywhere else. I know Greater Anglia offer “FlexiPass”, but I think that’s a different product.

Is the restriction code LE a leftover from a product that doesn’t exist any more? Or can I still get a “Flexitime Season”? How do I buy it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Having a quick look on BRFares, it seems they're only available from Shelford and points South thereof, and only as point to point tickets rather than Travelcards.

From Shelford, the Weekly rate is £109.40 in Standard (making it £4376 for an Annual) compared to £117.00 for the normal Season (£4680 for the Annual).

freddie1729

eljajo95

Having a quick look on BRFares, it seems they're only available from Shelford and points South thereof, and only as point to point tickets rather than Travelcards.

From Shelford, the Weekly rate is £109.40 in Standard (making it £4376 for an Annual) compared to £117.00 for the normal Season (£4680 for the Annual).

Thank you very much for this. I think on reflection the saving isn’t as much as I’d hoped. Given how often I go into Cambridge, and, as I say, the convenience of not having to buy separate tickets to do so, the £300 saving a year isn’t worth it for me. Good to find out though – I’m grateful. As I couldn’t get GA’s own website to sell me the thing, I didn’t know how much it was.

On a related note, any (non-Advance) tickets to Cambridge are also valid to Cambridge North under an easement.

Source: http://iblocks-rg-publication.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/easement_text.pdf

Thank you! I had an idea this might be the case but wasn’t sure, so I wasted £1.70 on a CBG-CMB return last night. I’ll know for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.