• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Green Road Entrance to Seven Sisters Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG-Bottleneck

Via FOI I got hold of pre-financial crash plans for new entrances and stop free access to Seven Sisters Station in Tottenham, which serves London Overground.

The most interesting element was a new West Green Road entrance. This was the original entrance, which was shut off when the station was linked with London Underground.

Download the proposals from the following link and let me know what you think plus any ideas on how to promote the idea, ideally I think it should be put forward by Haringey Council for an Access for All round of funding:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/29x5fbt7mbo4xuu/AACX7jCfnE5Uh2zP6PNwKJmsa?dl=0

A new West Green Road entrance would allow locals and those heading to Tottenham a route avoiding the congested tunnel that heads to Seven Sisters Road and the Underground, which is also the wrong direction for anybody heading towards, for example, the Town Hall or West Green Road itself.

This could also boost demand for the more lightly used section south of Seven Sisters, abstracting passengers from the more accessible London Underground entrance because many people pass this closed off entrance on the way to the Underground. It would also make it an awful lot more easy to access and clear the station during Spurs event days. It would also help for locals during peak times when it can be difficult to walk northwards along the tunnel against the crowds leaving the Overground heading to the Victoria Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.