• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Highland line photospots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavelex

Does anyone know any spots on this line? I'm staying in Largs and need to be back on the same day. I got a 3 day rover today :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gavelex

day one: 1 hour 5 mins late, missed last connection - was given a taxi

day two: 3 hours late, missed last connection - was given a taxi

day three: only 5 late! driver forgot to stop at Westerton though!

laseandre

Established Member
Gavelex, you wouldnt've happened to have been on the middle northbound service on Wedensday, would you?

class 313

Established Member
On the note of spotting James, I saw you at Water Orton on 28/06/08 whilst on a Voyager.

Established Member
The pics by our Austrian contributor, Reini, around Corrour shoudl give you some idea - see the thread at http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18898

Not much in the way of shops or anything round there though if you fancy a drink or summat, done the sleepers out of Fort William many a time and only stopped there about twice on the southbound!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Gavelex, you wouldnt've happened to have been on the middle northbound service on Wedensday, would you?

Was waiting the 1619 Fort Bill - Mallaig on Wednesday and they sent a coach instead due to late running, is that the one you are on about?

laseandre

Established Member
Yup, it was. The middle unit had a gearbox failure coming out of Ardlui.

Status
Not open for further replies.