• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Trains Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Posting this here as probably more chance of someone seeing it and fixing it rather than going through customer services.

I've submitted a delay repay claim with WMT following a recent journey. Completed the claim online and gave all requested information. So far so good.

Within a few minutes I get a confirmation email and then an additional email saying details are missing and I need to update the claim. Log back into the website and it now wants further information about the ticket (single or return, first or standard, and another photo). This is not missing information, it is information that they never asked for in the first place.

This has happened before with WMT and they need to fix it. I wonder how many people just give up....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1955LR

I made a couple of online claims 3 weeks ago for delays on the Hereford line , 23 and 29 mins respectively and were paid without any further info. requested.

zero

I had this problem with EMR and Scotrail last summer, but was prepared for it once it had happened the first time.

As WMR uses the same interface, I also expected it to happen when I claimed from WMR last month, but it didn't happen and I got the money without any further actions.

robbeech

Established Member
Indeed. Several operators seem to have similar (perhaps the same back end with a different front end) system that isn’t quite working right in this way.

Both EMR and Hull Trains have recently asked for very few details, then gone on to ask for more.

Infact Hull trains looked like it was going to ask lots of details but upon entering the ticket number it automatically found my ticket and disallowed me to enter these details, claiming it no longer needed more information.
Needless to say it was later rejected for not having enough information.

A typical farce but it’s possible they’re trying to speed up the process which is much needed in many cases, or at least it would be if it worked.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I’ve recently claimed from EMR and had no difficulty with it. No additional information requested and claim accepted, albeit after a couple of weeks.

robbeech

Established Member
I’ve recently claimed from EMR and had no difficulty with it. No additional information requested and claim accepted, albeit after a couple of weeks.
Does seem hit and miss, my wife claimed with EMR last week, and although she entered most of the details she didn’t enter the “actual” journey just the proposed one. It was accepted within 10 minutes and paid in 3 or 4 days after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.